Mr. Ryan, a talented art teacher I follow on BlueSky (who is FANTASTIC btw) was posting about the misery they endured from coding classes that they had to attend. Do not ask me why he has to attend a coding class as a teacher of an art class, I do however think the system is a bit heinous towards people like him. You should also look at the rest of the thread because it is really funny as someone who tried to homeschool themselves on HTML for web design.
I don't know why, but seeing this thread heightened my senses and I felt an inescapable urge to kick a man while he's down (a man who doesn't even know me, mind you) and I gave in, saying "all code and no art makes Ryan an old fart". It took me a solid two minutes before I actually went ahead on posting this reply, so you can imagine my regret soaring once I see his reply, threatening to fire an orbital laser directly to my coordinates. To be fair, if I, an adult artist, was forced into something as visually unstimulating as a coding class and this was the reply I get from a follower, I would also lash out.
I also told him I could kick his ass in Rock, Paper, Scissors. I was feeling very evil on those days and I wish I could remember why.
Despite the crunchy death-threat, Mr. Ryan is a fantastic artist who makes quality work that you should look at! Their illustration work is, I think, deceptively simple. Their consistency in style and art quality can only be seen from artists with years upon years worth of experience. As someone who revels in messy, chaotic artwork, seeing Mr. Ryan's pieces makes for a great palette-cleanser.
Below are links to their social accounts, as well as their comic series; Cortney and Benny Time! Please give their work a look, or a donation to their Ko-Fi if you want to donate. If their work really sticks with you, they have a shop you can purchase their art from and a Patreon you donate to that supports them monthly and gives you access to their artwork early. Just for under $4!
BlueSky
NEWGROUNDS
tumblr
Cortney and Benny Time
Ko-fi
Store
Patreon
MORE LINKS??!??!????
Thanks again to Mr. Ryan for threatening me and allowing me to share this threat on my website! Now let me go, please for the lov


No comments:
Post a Comment